Geostellar, an award-winning technology company, provides a vibrant online ecosystem where the solar curious connect with energy and technology leaders to create greener and more luxurious communities. We are well funded, have a great customer base and a strong proprietary “big-data geomatic” technology that analyzes the value of sunlight for solar energy on properties across the county, based on physical, economic and environmental factors.
Our team is passionate about test-driven development, pair programming, short iterations, and continuous deployment. We are looking for experienced web developers who want to share their knowledge, save the world and learn new skills in a fun, intense and challenging environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Participate in daily standup, weekly iteration planning, and other as-needed face-to-face, audio- and/or video-teleconferencing sessions.
- Team with other engineers and product managers to describe, test, and build web-based and mobile applications.
- Analyze and implement product requirements and Users Stories.
- Write unit tests, integration tests, and acceptance tests.
- Evolve databases and manage schema migrations in coordination with new features.
- Work fixed hours, 7am - 4pm (PT), with occasional exceptions.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to solve complex problems, communicate clearly, and share a sense of urgency.
- Capacity to thrive in a small, flexible and dynamic environment of change with a high degree of risk, contributing to a high performance, low-stress corporate culture.
- Software development in an object-oriented web environment.
- Understanding of the HTTP request cycle.
- Comfort with Linux, OSX, similar.
- Expert Ruby on Rails
- git (or other source code management tools)
Technical Competencies Desired:
- Knowledge and support of Agile (Kanban, XP) processes
- Experience in the solar energy field
- Test-Driven Development, RSpec, Cucumber
- Facebook, OAUTH, etc. integration
- REST, JSON, Ajax
- Performance queries
- Database tuning
- PostGIS, Google Maps integration or similar geospatial systems
- Machine Learning
- git-flow, github-flow, Continuous Integration/Deployment, dev-ops
- iOS or Android development experience
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical degree with 2-3 years experience in general programming and web application development, or
- Equivalent experience of 5-7 years in general programming and web application development.